Lythe Hill is an historic Country House Hotel, seeking an experienced Junior Sous Chef to work closely with our Head Chef to oversee the kitchen and ensure high standards of food preparation and presentation.
We are seeking a Junior Sous Chef to join our Kitchen team to work within the resort kitchens.
Junior Sous Chef Main Responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth running of the kitchen on a day to day basis
- To monitor and maintain the quality of food preparation, production, presentation and service
- To ensure a smooth and efficient service therefore providing guests with a better than expected dining experience
- To ensure that the company standards are delivered and budgeted profitability is achieved
- To ensure that at all times appropriate standards of hygiene, maintenance and safety are in place
- To lead and motivate the kitchen team and assist with their training and development
- To assist the Head Chef with menu planning and development
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a busy, high volume environment
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent along with Food Safety In Catering Certification
- A sound understanding of food hygiene
- Be passionate about delivering quality food and excellent customer service
- Be efficient, organised and work well within a team and lead and motivate others
- Great communication skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Japanese cookery experience advantageous
As well as a competitive salary, the company offers training & development, company uniform, free on-site parking, contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If your application is of interest to us we will normally contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.